Thursday, February 9, 2017

Free answers to tax questions from Gabriel Krikunetc

In the state of Tx, Was my self insured employer supposed to tax my WC income for the year?

I was injured as well as on WC for 90% of 2016. My W2 shows the full year of wages was taxed including WC. Now I'm confused if I am assumed to claim my WC income on my tax return.
A: No, wc benefits AREN'T taxable. Your employer is wrong is it paid you wc benefits. If they somehow withheld taxes (ss and FICA tax as well) it owes that cash back to you at once! However, if it was a wage continuation program, rather than TIBs payable under the wc Act, that is an issue that is totally different. The determining factor is whether your self-insured employer paid TIBs and/or IIBs or a wage continuance to you. A hint would be if you're a salaried employee and received the same weekly payment following your injury as before. TIBs are calculated based on your own average weekly wage for the preceding 13 weeks before your injury and multiplied by either .70 or .667 depending on your hourly rate.

Tax Law Questions & Answers :: Justia Ask a Lawyer

Do I have to pay FTB fees?

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me with this. I opened a corporation in 2014 and since then have collected fees to the Franchise Tax Board when I didn’t understand better. I did not do anything with the company, and I owe approximately about 4k in back fees. I comprehend that that money is owed by the corporation and it's going to keep going up annually. The corporation is currently frozen because of back fees. What should I do? I actually can’t afford to pay. What can the authorities do to me, if I merely do pay? Can they take my personal things? Will this impact my company later on if one day I decide to open a business? So what can happen to somebody who doesn’t ever pay, and what are stuff I can’t do if I simply allow the taxes build up on the corporation that is suspended?
A: It is best to consult a local attorney in private and give him or her all the facts and trades and get a certain advice and plan of action with respect to your own personal culpability or lack thereof. Typically, if a corporation is created properly and complied with the state law, is considered a separate legal entity and its own responsibility shouldn't create personal liability for its stockholders. The information presented herein is for general purposes only. It might not be construed as legal, tax or accounting advice, and is not intended to. Neither is it meant for solicitation purposes. For specific advice, please consult with an attorney that is appropriate in person. Good luck. Zaher Fallahi, Business and Tax Attorney, CPA.
Real estate lawyers - Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Best residential lawyer.

Property has been sold for taxes, Im not able to pay the taxes back by the redemption period how long do I have to stay?

Redemption period is 9/21/2016 my dad's property he moved. Im still there, filed chapter 7 May 2015 dispatched.
A: You ought to get in touch with a lawyer immediately when you haven't yet done so.

My husband is hidding taxes return as a couple and refusing to give me my money.

The taxes as married filled with me. He asked me for my form and then he informed me he filled the taxes and I really don't even understand where. Isn't that ilegal? I really thought I was supposed to sign? Additionally now he's refusing to give me my money. What should I do? Just how do I get the copies of the tax return as a couple since I have the right to understand. Should I report him and Where could I make a whine about it?
A: Divorcing parties must disclose all income and debts in a divorce proceeding, lest they be found in contempt of court. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You may also read more about me, my qualifications, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in these areas of law in CA, NY, MA, and DC: Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody & Contracts, Business, and Education Law. This response doesn't constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment